Once a week we have Bhagavad-Gita seminar. We need guidance for everything in this world, how to understand and learn things, especially for this oldest and wisest book on earth. So we need an expert to help us to go deeply into this book, which is inherently very, very deep.
Our lecturer momentarily studies Bhagavad Gita online in VIHE institute (Vrindavan institute for higher education). Let us see something about this ancient scripture...
Bhagavad Gita means Divine Song, has 18 chapters and presents the main source of bhakti yoga and summary of Indian Vedic wisdom. Bhagavad Gita explains how to act for God in our life and how to develop our love toward Him, about three gunas (modes) of material energy, divine and demoniac nature, and lots of other things. Teachings of Bhagavad Gita we can summarize in next 5 points:
1. We are not this body but eternal spiritual souls, parts and pieces of God, although we forgot our real identity.
2. Since we lost contact with authentic and pure consciousness, we are trying to find happiness in this temporary world. Our attempts make karma (good and bad consequences), so we must be born again and again.
3. We can free ourselves from anxiety and achieve pure spiritual consciousness in this life by true studying and by following trustworthy spiritual master.
4. God is eternal, omnipresent, omniscient, almightiness and most attractive person. He is a source of all spiritual and material worlds and energies which maintain all cosmic existence.
5. Our sleepy relationship with God can be awaken by practicing bhakti yoga, a science which is about to help us spiritualize material activities. This ancient system of yoga gradually relieves us from karma slaving and takes us back to God.
“BhagavadGita as it is” is the most distributed and the most used edition of Gita in the world. It includes original Sanskrit text, translation of every word, translation of verse in prose and commentary of every verse also.
You are welcome!